dxTop Release Notes
12/27/10: Version 3.1.2
- Added support for scrollable widgets.
- Bug fix for the dock color reverting back to its default after a couple of reboots
- Bug fix for a font issue that occurs when you have a font pack installed and just choose to change the size or color while leaving the font as one of the default Android system fonts.
- Improved horizontal scrolling to another screen when dragging on an item that is scrollable (ie, open folder, recent activity widget, scrollable widget).
- Added an array of different device clock classnames to handle opening the correct clock for the device when clicking on the dxTop clock widget.
- Improved response time of pressing on the newly added App Drawer and Recent Drawer shortcuts.
11/22/10: Version 3.1.1
- Added entries to the shortcut menu to create a shortcut to open the Application and Recent drawers.
The shortcut can be added the same as any other: by long pressing an empty cell, options menu -> add, and options menu -> add with a folder open.
The shortcut can be moved around the desktop, dock and folders and its icon can be changed.
- Added drag and drop functionality inside category view of drawers; now apps can be dragged to the top or bottom of the drawer area to scroll up and down, drop apps onto the category name that they want to add to, and drag them to the sides, top, or bottom to close the drawer and add the shortcut to the homescreen with dock popping up.
- Added the option to hide the status bar. Press menu -> notifications to temporarily reshow the status bar and open the notification pane.
- The status bar will also appear for 6 seconds after a missed call or received text message and then disappear (if the option is set to Hide Status Bar).
- More icons themed for HTC Sense and Motorola MotoBlur devices: dxTop now matches select custom package names that have been changed by HTC Sense, Motorola MotoBlur, and even on Motorola Droid to the packagenames used by dxTop themes to theme the app icon. For example, the contacts app icon now pulls it icon from the dxTop theme for Sense and Blur.
- Now the category folder icon is pulled from the theme if a theme is applied for its shortcut.
- Lite only: Ads are shown at the bottom of the dxTop menu in dxTop Lite.
- Few minor bug fixes
9/20/10: Version 3.0.9
- Lock Screen automatically disabled for Droid 2 (work around for lock screen bug)
8/30/10: Version 3.0.8
- MyBackupPro integration (dxTop Pro only)
- Theme wallpaper gallery now loads wallpaper using a separate thread to avoid ANRs
- Made Navigation dots quicker to respond when swiping between screens
- General bug fixes
8/17/10: Version 3.0.7
- ANDROID 1.6 PRO USERS ONLY EFFECTED BY THIS: Fixed a bug due to 1.6 (Donut) Android Platform. Devices with 1.6 will need to manually uninstall dxTop Pro before upgrading from 3.0.5/3.0.6 to 3.0.7
- General bug fixes
8/13/10: Version 3.0.6
- Lock Screen automatically disabled for Droid X (work around for lock screen bug)
- Several stability improvements
- General bug fixes
8/04/10: Version 3.0.5
- Launch of dxTop Lite, the new FREE version of dxTop.
- Better support for low-res screen devices
- Froyo (2.2) support for long press application info option
- Ability to import settings from dxTop Lite to dxTop Pro
- Stability enhancments
- General bug fixes
7/13/10: Version 3.0.4
- Dial Bar now opens preferred broswer. User may specify the "home URL" from the options menu.
- Optimized dxTop for larger screened devices such as Tablets.
- Android 2.2+ Lockscreen fix: the dxTop lockscreen is enabled for no security set or pattern security. It is disabled automatically when PIN or password security is set. Nothing has changed for devices with Android versions 2.1 to 1.5.
- General bug fixes
7/2/10: Version 3.0.3
- New arrows in the dock area showing the ability to swipe in the dock area. (Option to turn them off also in the options menu)
- Recent Activity widget shows more characters for text messages in portrait and landscape.
- Recent Activity widget bug fixes (to reduce memory impact).
- Memory bug fixes and catches.
6/23/10: Version 3.0.2
- Improvements to Recent Activity widget. Better contact name display.
6/22/10: Version 3.0.1
- Bug fix for missing shortcuts on homescreen
6/21/10: Version 3.0
- Full Android 2.2 (Froyo) support
- New dial bar for quick dialing
- New look for menus
- New recent activity widget for viewing incoming text messages and missed calls.
- Many small bug fixes
4/9/10: Version 2.7.0
- 5 New Screen Transitions
- New error detection for crash reporting.
- Fix bug to reduce memory usage for users with large or multiple picture frames.
3/31/10: Version 2.6.5
- Automatic update feature
- Memory monitoring improvements
2/25/10: Version 2.6.4
- Improved memory usage
- Faster orientation changes
- Memory Monitor widget "kill all" support
- Open Alarm when click on the clock widget
- High Definition wallpaper selection size
2/9/10: Version 2.6.3
- Addition of 5th Screen (Center Screen) -- enabled from dxTop menu
- Smoother screen scrolling
- Faster responce to home key press
- Kill All Droid restart bug fixed
1/28/10: Version 2.6.1
- Live Wallpaper Support for Android 2.1
- Optimizations for Android 2.0+
- Several small bug fixes
1/19/10: Version 2.6
- Support for Android 2.1 and Nexus One
- Added support for text color change in themes
- Fixed for photo frame on Droid
12/21/09: Version 2.5.8
- Properly handles orientation change setting
- Fix for Force Close bug
12/18/09: Version 2.5.7
- Category Arrow text overlap fixed
- Category Arrows theme support added
- Category Label Area enlarged on Droid
12/17/09: Version 2.5.6
- Option added to close desktop folders upon app launch. Live folders do not auto-close except for the category live folder.
- 2nd tray color key
- Optimization for faster desktop loading
- General bug fixes
12/9/09: Version 2.5.5
- Faster orientation change by caching 3rd party widget views
- Lock screen now supports sim card locks
- Fix folder scrolling on the droid
- Better memory cleanup when the phone is low on memory.
11/30/09: Version 2.5.4
- Fixed double lock screen issue
- Fixed alarm bug
- Fixed default home bug
- Fixed flashing letters bug when trying to search
- Moved tabs closer together so on Droid they don't wrap to the bottom in landscape mode.
11/24/09: Version 2.5.3
- Corrected dock bug
- Modified lock screen behavior
11/23/09: Version 2.5.2
- Mute option for lock screen
- Lock sound now uses the lowest volume of either the ringer or media
- Support for phone's lock pattern if enabled
- Faster lock screen loading
- Larger Droid icons
- Lock screen locks everything down including notification bar and volume controls
11/20/09: Major Release Version 2.5.1
- Screen Indicators — four dots that show you which screen is active
- Support for Ring tones in themes
- Lock Screen — an iPhone style lock screen swipe that is THEMEABLE!
- Custom Theme Store — featuring four new themes with many more to come.
11/13/09: Version 2.3.0
- Added full support for the larger screen size used by Droid (480x852)
- Fixed the bug where Application was not showing up in the Add menu
10/16/09: Version 2.2.4
- Faster orientation changes. New orientation change detection allows from faster changes
- Lower memory usage. dxTop does a better job at keeping dxTop memory footprint lower
- Tweaked how persistent mode balances memory with other apps. dxTop has a more sophisticated persistent mode than other apps.
10/13/09: Version 2.2.2
- Fixed 2nd tab not loading
- Support ChompSMS's support for long pressing the search button
10/13/09: Version 2.2.1
- dxTop tries to keep memory usage down at all times
- Other very rare force close fixes reported by users
10/09/09: Version 2.2.0
- Focused on performance/memory in this release
10/04/09: Version 2.1.4
- Long press a category to rename or delete it
- Force portrait or landscape modes, or use the phone's current setting
- Extra icon in folders if "more Applications" option is enabled
- Support picking from multiple wallpapers in a theme. Some aHome themes have multiple wallpapers
9/22/09: Version 2.1.3
- Fixed a bug where dxTop was doing unneeded extra work.
9/21/09: Version 2.1.1
- Rewrote focus code for Donut/1.6 compatibility.
9/18/09: Version 2.1.0
- Application Category Live Folder: Just add the live folder, pick the category, and all the apps in the category are now available in the folder.
- Small performance improvements throughout
9/1/09: Version 2.0.5
- Fixed standard analog clock widget
- Better/Cleaner category separator
- More tweaks for speed
8/31/09: Version 2.0.4
- Faster startup/return
- Option to not change wallpaper when changing theme
- Close drawer when launching apps from them.
- Fix big letter not popping up when using the fast scroll tab in the application tray
- Force close fixes related to on screen keyboard and orientation change.
8/23/09: Version 2.0.3
- Fixed custom folder background color
- Fixed search button not working if not using a search widget
- Categories scroll to reveal its contents when openned
8/22/09: Version 2.0.2
- Fixed Dock size bug with themes
8/22/09: Version 2.0.0
- Firmware 1.5 required
- New Category view - Use context menu to set categories for apps. Switch to category view to group apps by category. (Sorry, no trackball support for category view YET)
- 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 dxTop Clock widget. dxTop Clock can now pull clock from root theme
- 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 dxTop Photo Frame widget. dxTop Photo Frame can now pull frame from root theme
- Search widget pulled from latest Android source and uses built in search functionality to allow for upcoming global search feature
- Run on Cyanogen and has Cyanogen global search support
- Fixed issue where market themes that are copy protected were not working.
- Easier to swipe tabs to dock
- Long press on the trackball to open context menu when an apps is selected
- You can use a long press on the trackball to take dxTop screen shots when screen capture mode is enabled. (For newer phone that don't have a camera button)
- Removed some false alarms opening the recovery console. Sometimes the Android OS just shuts down dxTop at unexpected times when memory is low.
- Fixed force close when on screen keyboard was used. ie. Renaming and icon
- Fixed but that was preventing root theme icon selection from working on the screens. It was using the orange selector instead.
- Added icons to Appearance and Add menus
- New persistent memory model
8/2/09: Version 1.6.22
- Restored Hide option on apps drawer. (I mistakenly remove it from both drawers in 1.6.21)
8/2/09: Version 1.6.21
- Removed hide option from recent/running drawer apps
- Fixed force close bug
- Changes to prevent some false alarms in recovery console
7/30/09: Version 1.6.20
- You can now hide apps in the apps tray by using the long press menu
- New view available to show apps you have hidden so you can unhide them
- When view is sorted by app size, the available phone space is shown at the top of the drawer
- Better detection of size change due to clearing an app's cache so list is automatically updated
7/21/09: Version 1.6.19
- Fixed bug where wallpaper would sometimes not set
- Changed how persistent mode keeps and releases memory
7/19/09: Version 1.6.18
- Added fast scroll tab to apps drawer
- More bug fixes
- Less phone lag when using persistent mode
7/14/09: Version 1.6.17
- Force close bug fixes
7/11/09: Version 1.6.16
- Memory enhancements
- Faster Apps loading
- Force close bug fixes
6/23/09: Version 1.6.13
- Memory enhancements
- Fixed force close bugs
- Version number at the top of the options page
6/23/09: Version 1.6.10
Move improvements to memory management.
- Fixed a force close bug
6/23/09: Version 1.6.8
- Move improvements to memory management.
6/21/09: Version 1.6.7
- Improved memory management. dxTop will exit if other apps need the memory even in persistent mode. Persistent mode just tries harder not to.
- More changes to try and fix spontaneous dxTop crash (No force close message, just jumps right to the recovery console)
6/20/09: Version 1.6.6
- Found and fixed a memory leak
- Changes to try and fix spontaneous dxTop crash (No force close message, just jumps right to the recovery console)
6/20/09: Version 1.6.5
- Memory leak protection
- Many bug fixes
6/18/09: Version 1.6.3
- Fixed drawing issues with apps tab including missing index
6/18/09: Version 1.6.2
- Some changes to try and fix the crashes where there is no force close message popup. This is an android OS bug so I'm trying to work around it.
6/18/09: Version 1.6.1
Fixed: No Theme + Analog Clock = crash
6/18/09: Version 1.6.0
- New sort options (install date and size) for apps tab. Press menu while tab is open to change sort options. Excellent for finding recently installed market apps!
- New Kill All apps menu option in recent/running apps tab. Press menu while tab is open to kill multiple apps
- Complete Icon Pack support in appearance menu. Some icon packs support total icon replacement so you don't have to do one at a time.
- Option to send diagnostic log directly from the recovery console when dxTop crashes. No need to Log Collector Apps
- Apps and Services not in apps tab will now show in recent/running tab.
- Fixed missing icons when renaming them and rebooting your phone
- Fixed memory leak causes when rotating phone while tabs are open
6/13/09: Version 1.5.16
- Option to disable auto-rotate in 1.5 (Remove auto-rotate option for 1.1 users because it makes things simpler)
- Hide system services from 2nd tray
- Better screen swipe performance
6/12/09: Version 1.5.15
- Animate icon when you click it
- Display running apps that do not show in apps tab so tab will be more like a true task manager (Core android process are still hidden though)
- Better memory management in persistent and non-persistent mode
- Fix bug with orientation change messing up screen
- No auto-rotate option with firmware 1.5 but still there for 1.1
- Better response from UI as widgets are being created
- Remove dock color if current theme is using an image for the dock (Was causing force close if you pick a color in this case)
- Prevent bad Live Folder from crashing dxTop
- Fix icon draw bug when dragging screen
- Only 2 icons at a time will use the "fly in" animation at any given time to help reduce draw lag and improve performance while still giving indication that icons are loading.
6/5/09: Version 1.5.14
- Renamed icons being reset fixed
- Some icons not being drawn fixed
5/31/09: Version 1.5.13
- Improved responsiveness on startup/return with just in time icon loading. Icons loaded just in time are animated
- Cross fade tabs if theme has only one tab. Allows some open home themes with a tab that extend the entire width of the screen to look and operate better
- Vibrate on long press of menu or back button to open tabs
- Separate widgets from original home screen so widgets do show with errors when on is added to one home and you switch to the other.
5/29/09: Version 1.5.12
- Not all aHome themes have all the images and was causing dxTop to crash if applied. This is fixed.
5/27/09: Version 1.5.11
- Open Home Theme support
- Fixed bug that deletes icons from the dock when it's dragged to the dock
- Orientation change rework to better detect orientation change
- Removed home kill option as it causes problems because the virtual keyboard runs in the same space and can disrupt other apps
5/25/09: Version 1.5.9
- Fixed Home button not sending you to top screen.
- Fixed menu icon for market on longpress when not using a theme.
5/25/09: Version 1.5.8
- aHome theme support!
- 1.5 firmware users no longer need root to kill processes and services on the recent/running tray
- 1.5 firmware supports better killing of home app that doesn't destroy entire acore, it only kills the home app package
5/25/09: Version 1.5.7
Fix dock icon sizes
- I hope to have fixed double task issue once and for all
- A bit faster response changing screens right after returning to dxTop after dxTop release resources to save memory.
5/23/09: Version 1.5.6
Fix app rename force close when custom icon used. Really this time
- Apps tray not always updating on install/uninstall
- Cupcake widget cleanup when dragging to trash can
- Fix over sensitive widgets when swiping screen would pick them up instead
- dxTop app icon removed from all apps tray, but will still shows in stock home.
5/22/09: Version 1.5.5
- Fix app rename when custom icon used
- Fix double dxTop process
- Fix wallpaper selection when acore process killing is enabled
- Removed excessive logging
- Fixed small memory leak
5/22/09: Version 1.5.3
- Recent/running tab is now 5 icons wide
- Option to change the All Apps tab to show index on left or make it 5 apps wide. The index makes it easy to find an app by showing the first letter of the first app on that row
- Typing while tray is open to search for apps
- A 1x1 widget (a cupcake widget not a dxTop widget) can be added to the dock. Some widgets look great, others may not like being that small, but all work. In this release you must add to the screen and then drag the widget to the dock
- If phone is rooted: Kill Process menu option is visible when using recent/running apps tab. Not all apps can be matched to processes so it's not 100%
- New kill android.process.acore option in options available. Frees more memory by killing stock home app but required rooted phone to work.
- dxTop icon now shows in all apps tab like it's a regular app.
- Orphan widget cleanup. dxTop tries to cleanup any orphan widgets it may have made. Early 1.5 builds had a bug that could orphan widgets and this code made it into dxTop
- Fixed short press of menu and back causing tabs to open
- Bettercut fixed in 1.5 firmware
- Like the home from firmware 1.5, the trays are no longer transparent, but have a static pattern (Themeable) . This is to smooth out scrolling of apps.
- Bug fixes
- Performance improvements. My phone has never run this good ;)
5/8/09: Version 1.5.2
- Long-press back button to open recent/running apps tab
- Long-press menu button to open all apps tab
- Fine tuned font & color options
- Cupcake picture frame widget fixed
- Cupcake blank screen when returning fixed
- Take screen shots option. Saved to the root of the sdcard in the format dxtop-ss-#.jpg (Enable in options menu and use camera button to take screen shots)
- Smooth scrolling when dragging of dock <—> tabs
4/26/09: Version 1.5.0
- Support for BetterAndroid's font packs
- Cupcake widget support (if your running cupcake builds)
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
4/19/09: Version 1.4.9
- Reduced return lag and orientation change
- Support for blank icon and folder names
- Added support for picture frame widget to be themed
4/19/09: Version 1.4.8
- Change color of dock (Use Appearance menu)
- Faster return when orientation changes while in another app
- Fixed restart issue
4/19/09: Version 1.4.7
- Fixed root theme support for clock
- Fixed changing icons
4/19/09: Version 1.4.4
- Memory fixes
- Widget API Fixes
4/14/09: Version 1.4.0
- Live Folders!
- Stability fixes
- Widget API enhancements
4/12/09: Version 1.3.11
- Fixed CPU load bug on 1.5 firmware
4/11/09: Version 1.3.10
- Fixed folder icons reverting to original when dragged
4/11/09: Version 1.3.9
- Added "Use and icon image" to the change icon menu and it supports transparency
- Change icons on folders
- Icon Photo picker uses face recognition
- Moved theme and wallpaper selection to menu button and the menu option is called Appearance
- "Add" menu option when using the menu button on the phone so that it works with the current open folder
- Menu options for Info and Market Search on widgets
- Menu options for add to folders
- Confirm window when removing an app/widget
- Even more memory released when in the background
- Reworked widget API so widget can use the long-click menu. The memory monitor widget adds a "Cleanup Memory" option to its long-click menu.
4/6/09: Version 1.3.7
- Allow photos to be picked as icons
- Option to restore the original icon. As a side effect, it also applies the current theme to BetterCut created icons.
- New wallpaper options added to options that controls how the photo wallpaper picker crops photos. Options are Square, landscape, and portrait
- Long-click menu on shortcuts that point to uninstalled apps now let you know it's uninstalled and only give you the option remove shortcut or find the app on the market. Great for reinstalling apps on the fly. For instance, make a folder of apps that you don't want to keep installed due to size, and keep the icons in there and install them only when you need them.
- Removed resizing of icons on the dock. It was making the smaller icons fuzzy
- Fixed bug that caused duplicate icons on the dock
4/5/09: Version 1.3.6
Change Icon option that uses BetterAndroid's icon packs
- Fixed force close when renaming app thats in a folder.
4/5/09: Version 1.3.5
- Should run on Cupcake / 1.5 firmware
- Fixed theme code so that screen icon selection is themed the same as icons in tray and folders.
- Fixed crash when dragging widget to different screen
- Some trackball focus fixes on tabs
4/3/09: Version 1.3.4
- Fixed folder issue where orientation change would move all open dock folders to current screen.
- Fixed swiping up bug when folder is open
4/2/09: Version 1.3.3
- New "long-click" context menu for objects. The "long-click" (not "long-press") is done by pressing on icon/widget until you pick it up, then drop it in the same place to open context menu. You can open app info, search for app on the market, rename shortcuts and folders, and remove icons/widets using this menu. The "long-click" works in the trays also.
- Drag-n-drop for the dock. Dragging from trays will automatically open the dock for you in case you want to drag directly to the dock. If you want to get app info, just "long-click" on the icon to bring up the context menu. The old way of dragging an app to the info tab is gone. Trash can still shows when dragging on home screens while tabs are showing instead of dock.
- Dock supports folders. Cool tip: Try having multiple folders in the dock and click between them without closing the folder first. It makes for more options for groupings things instantly available. Very, very, cool!
- Option to show dock on startup (instead of tabs). Press menu button, then dxTop to open options screen
- Option to use 4x3 selection when picking picture wallpaper. Press menu button, then dxTop to open options screen
- Reduced memory usage while running, and even more memory released when dxTop is in the background.
- Faster rotation
3/29/09: Version 1.3.2
- Fixed but that was not restoring wallpaper and so desktop would streak.
- Fixed bug while hitting back button while dxTop is showing black screen while returning.
3/29/09: Version 1.3.0
- Swipe tabs to side to get to the new dock bar. Long press to get menu to add items. Will eventually add drag-drop and trackball support.
- Changed so widget views are no long destroyed and re-inflated when rotating. Speeds things up when using widgets.
- Many other memory and bug fixes.
3/25/09: Version 1.2.8
- Fixed bug returning to dxTop after it has gone into low memory mode.
3/23/09: Version 1.2.7
- Restart when theme applied
- Fixed bug while updating the current theme from market
3/16/09: Version 1.2.5
- Faster auto rotate
- Fixed funny icons sizes on theme change
3/16/09: Version 1.2.4
- Auto rotate is back
3/15/09: Version 1.2.2
Removed Auto rotate was causing streaking
3/15/09: Version 1.2.0
- Themes for non-root users! Look for themes on the Android market. To set a theme, press and hold desktop to bring up desktop menu and themes are listed at the bottom of the menu. To lower file size, dxTop doesn't come with any themes, you will have to download separately from the market. (Search for dxTop)
- Auto rotate
- Other tweaks and fixes
3/10/09: Version 1.1.0
Use assets from a theme applied to a rooted phone. If you have rooted your phone and have applied a theme, then dxTop should use it. This is phase 1 of theming, next is having themes available for download for users who don't have root. I have added an option to the options menu that allows you to enable/disable the tab from the phone theme. Enable this option and dxTop will duplicate the theme's tab twice. Some themes (like BUUF) have no tab, or may have a tab that doesn't duplicate very well.
- More memory released when in background
- Hopefully fixed screen lag issue
- Added text scrolling on icons when icon is highlighted
3/10/09: Version 1.0.9
- Removed firmware 1.1 requirement
- Removed cleaning memory popup
- Finally got BetterCut and Anycut working without add a duplicate shortcut to top screen
- Protection from duplicate icons showing in folders
- Updated widget api to support feature where widgets can register and won't need to be scanned.
3/7/09: Version 1.0.8
- Added options to the menu button.
- Persistent Mode prevents dxTop from unloading and taking a long time to restart. Can be disabled in the new options menu.
- New info tab pops up when dragging out of the tray. It's where the delete tab usually pops up. Drop the app here and you get app info and can even uninstall the app.
- More memory released when the phone gets low on memory.
- Different icon for the "running" tab.
3/4/09: Version 1.0.7
- removed long pause fix code, cuz it broke the tray handles. SORRY!
3/4/09: Version 1.0.6
- Long pause returning to dxTop fixed (I Hope)
3/4/09: Version 1.0.5
- Long pause returning to dxTop fixed (NOT!)
- Fixed trashcan animation
- Fixed disappearing screen when quickly changing screens
- Smoother scrolling
- Updated widget warning
- Fix issue when widget apps are reinstalled
- Memory improvement
3/2/09: Version 1.0.4
- I decided that there should be code to cleanup any existing data caused by the bug I fixed in 1.0.3
3/2/09: Version 1.0.3
- Fixed bug that crashes original home screen if you drag to an icon to the bottom screen.
3/2/09: Version 1.0.2
- Added Widget Warning
2/28/09: Version 1.0.1
- Fix folder scrolling issue
- Fix recent tab resetting focus
2/27/09: Version 1.0.0
- Widget crash protection prevents dxTop crash if widget fails during render!
- Rebooting the phone is no longer considered a crashed and does open the recovery options.
- I hope I fixed demo mode window "freak-out"
- Fixed the fact that you can't switch to en empty screen with trackball when a tab is selected
- Fixed disappearing tabs issue
- Fixed focus issues on tabs
- Recovery options if dxTop doesn't exit gracefully